Thanking Srila Prabhupada

This has been a very short but sweet visit to Melbourne, Australia, a mere two-and-a-half days of preaching. But Krishna has kept me pretty busy with five lectures and a fair amount of one-on-one preaching for my aspiring disciples. Plus there is my normal routine of morning sadhana, writing Thought for the Day, and trying to keep up with my voluminous correspondence. There is nothing within the entire existence which is sweeter and more enlivening than to be fully engaged 24/7 in practicing and teaching the science of Krishna consciousness. Bowing down at the lotus feet of my beloved spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, and constantly begging for his mercy I, his lowly servant Sankarshan Das, am thanking him again and again for this wonderful life that he has given me.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Ecstatic Melbourne Home Program 29 December 2008

Ecstatic Melbourne Home Program 29 December 2008

Ecstatic Melbourne Home Program 29 Dec 2008

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Will the Animals Eat Us?

Prabhu I have been constantly trying to guide my colleagues towards Krishna Consciousness, but they still don't accept me telling them to stop eating meat or chicken. They just argue that it is stupidity to stop eating these animals, that if we don't eat them, they will eat us, that the animals will increase in numbers, and they will attack us.

Please guide me.

Kind Regards, Hari bol

Renoo

Answer: In Their Next Lives They Will

To say that we must kill and eat the animals so that that they will not multiply in number and attack and eat us is ludicrous. It is we who are force breeding them to produce them in massive numbers so we can kill them and eat their flesh. Besides that have you ever heard of a carnivorous cow? Cows eat grass. What to speak of human flesh, they do not consume any type of meat.

That someone would seriously put forward such arguments shows that they are completely out of touch with reality. Their meat eating has made their brains dull.

Of course, in another sense these animals will eat us. According to the stringent law of karma, if we eat meat, in the next life and in many lifetimes after that we will become animals again and again to be eaten by those very same animals that we consumed. This is why the Sanskrit word for meat is mamsa (literally "me he") indicating that those animals whom we kill and eat will in the future kill and eat us. First it is me eating he. Then it is me being eaten by he. Me he, mamsa, flesh.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?