Saving the World from Ecological Disaster

On Wednesday 23 April 2008, I gave a lecture at the University of Tartu in Tartu, Estonia entitled "Global Warming--How to Save the World from Ecological Disaster." It was not the standard global warming blabber. I explained in full detail how the false identification of the body with the self causes us to overindulge our senses, and how the consequent over-consumption of material resources which arises from this overindulging mood is the root cause of all the world's current ecological, economical, and sociological problems.

In other words all this ballyhoo about global warming is more or less a waste of time because so-called global warming experts don't have even the foggiest idea that bodily consciousness is the root cause of global warming.

As long as we consider ourselves to be our bodies we will necessarily always base our sense of happiness on how much we can gratify our senses. And the senses are like fire. No matter how much you feed them, they are still hunger for more and more gratification.

If we want to save the world from global warming and all other forms of disaster, there is only one solution. We must awaken the dormant Krishna consciousness which is sleeping in our heart and in the hearts of all living beings. This and only this will quickly and easily solve all of the world's problems. There is no need to waste billions of dollars on research. Simply chant Hare Krishna and the world will be saved.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Global Warming Lecture
at the University of Tartu, in Tartu Estonia
Sankarshan Das Global Warming Lecture

Global Warming Lecture

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Are Gay People Demons?

Greetings to you. I bow to you and all the wonderful work you are doing for the good of the world.

The question comes before me from reading something somewhere I hear that the 'line" is that gay people are demons or that they come from demons. I worship our Lord, chant and try to keep my ever wondering mind fixed on God. I have a partner for 9 years. we are of course, monogamous. He is a UCC minister...respecting my faith. I read some different views from different web sights.......but I love your sight and read it every day.

Help me and tell me what you think.....I think very highly of you so please be sweet.....and truthful.

Gaurish

Answer: All Forms of Lust Are Enemies of the Soul

I am so happy to hear that you are my regular reader and that you love my writing. This is Krishna's special blessing upon me that he has sent me dedicated readers such as yourself to encourage me in my attempt to spread the Krishna consciousness movement all over the world.

Because you have requested me to be sweet and truthful I shall certainly try my level best to please you. But in this connection I humbly beg you to note that it is the duty of a Krishna conscious person to speak the truth whether it is perceived as sweet or bitter. Of course, for those who are seriously desiring to become free all material attachments and purely absorbed in the Lord's service, every word of Vedic wisdom is experienced as the sweetest nectar even if those words are sometimes heavy and piercing. It is only when we try to hold onto our material attachments that we find the Vedic teachings to seem sometimes bitter.

Regarding your question regarding whether or not homosexuality is demoniac, I beg to inform that all forms of sexuality are born of the demoniac desire to enjoy this material world. This is why in the Vedic culture sex education means to stop sex. In this regard Sri Krishna states in the Bhagavad-gita:

kāma eṣa krodha eṣa
rajo-guṇa-samudbhavaḥ
mahāśano mahā-pāpmā
viddhy enam iha vairiṇam

"It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material mode of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring sinful enemy of this world."
--Bhagavad-gita 3.37

A Krishna conscious person sees everyone equally, no matter what their sexual orientation may be. And he encourages everyone to come beyond the pleasure of the material senses to the unlimitedly sweet platform of transcendental bliss because that's where the real nectar is. As long as we are attached the temporary illusory pleasures of this world we will never the taste the unlimitedly sweet pleasure of pure Krishna consciousness, the epitome of wonderfulness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?