Humility on the Road

Sept 6th, 2006--Berlin, Germany
Humility is the most important quality we need to develop if we are going to attain spiritual perfection. Lord Krishna has kindly put me in a very humbling position. My clothes were lost by the airline when flying to Europe on September 2nd. Now for many days I have practically no clothes and as the type of clothing I wear is not readily available at stores in the western world. I am having to beg and borrow clothing from other devotees.

Not only has my clothing been lost. My chargers for my mobile phone, digital camera, and mp3 recorder for recording my lectures have also been lost. I was able to record my first two lectures here in Berlin, but now my mp3 recorder's battery has gone dead, and I cannot record any more lectures. My mobile phone is dead and nowhere here in Europe have we been able to find a store that carries the proper charger.

I accept this as the mercy of Krishna, as it very easy to become proud when I am so much revered, honored, and loved by my many students and disciples all over the world. He is forcing me to remember that I am always full dependent on his mercy for everything.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Proof for Krishna's Form

While I was talking with my friend, she asked me, "How will you prove that God has a specific deity form? How will you assure that He has that particular form of Krishna with his flute in His hands, bluish black color and wearing ornaments?"

Sharmila

Answer: Krishna Proves It

Krishna proves that He has a form by revealing Himself to those who worship Him with love. He reserves the right not to expose Himself to those who are envious.

If she is envious of God there is nothing that you will be able to say that will turn her towards the Lord. Krishna reveals Himself only to those who approach Him with love.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?