Crossing Over the Ocean of Obstacles

Tomorrow we are heading out on our 2006-2007 World Lecture Tour. Because this is such a major assault against the material energy, that highly deceptive inferior energy has placed many obstacles in our path. We have had to systematically deal with one impediment after another, patiently but determinedly and enthusiastically working our way through the quagmire. Still we do not know what further obstacles we will face once we embark early tomorrow morning.

There is one thing though that we do know for sure. That is if we take complete shelter of Krishna, He will surely protect us in all circumstances. This is confirmed in the Srimad Bhagavatam as follows:

samasrita ye pada-pallava-plavam
mahat-padam punya-yaso murareh
bhavambudhir vatsa-padam param padam
padam padam yad vipadam na tesam

"For those who have accepted the boat of the lotus feet of the Lord, who is the shelter of the cosmic manifestation and is famous as Murari, the enemy of the Mura demon, the ocean of the material world is like the water contained in a calf's hoof-print. Their goal is param padam, Vaikuntha, the place where there are no material miseries, not the place where there is danger at every step."--Srimad Bhagavatam 10.14.58

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Request: Show Me That This Is Not a Cult...

I've been hearing for many months from many people that this religion is a cult. I never entertained the thought and discarded it from my mind. But more and more I've been becoming concerned about this thought. More doubt and uncertainty has been wrapping itself around my mind. This religion has a few of the major qualities that it takes to be a cult. I'm a 12 year old American looking for spiritual fulfillment and happiness (which this religion promises). There's nothing I want more than to be an eternal servant of the real God (which I'm unsure Who is), and to attain spiritual perfection. But I'm unsure if this is the right direction.

I want to believe this is the right way to go, but there is an enormous amount of confusion in my mind that can only be lifted by a true representative of the real God. I don't want to waste my time, effort, and money on what may be the wrong path to follow.

Please lift this doubt from my mind. I politely ask that you show me that this is not a cult. Convince me like your life depended on it. If you can, I'll endow as much energy as I possibly can into being 100% Krishna conscious. But if you can't convince me, I'll concider cancelling my subscription.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Answer: Only Cheaters Label Genuine Religion as a Cult...

In a world that is full of cheaters, when genuine religion is introduced the cheating so-called religionists will label it as a cult, a false religion. It is not proper to judge what is proper religion by popular votes. We take the word of God and the great spiritual masters of history to understand what is genuine religion.

I understand that you are not sure that Krishna is God and are therefore hesitant to fully surrender unto Him. To alleviate your confusion you have to understand what is the proper definition for God. God is that person Who is the source of all that exists. Krishna clearly confirms that He is indeed the source of everything in the Bhagavad. He says:

aham sarvasya prabhavo
mattah sarvam pravartate
iti matva bhajante mam
budha bhava-samanvitah

"I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts." Bhagavad-gita 10.8

It is not that only Krishna declares that He is God. It is also declared by Lord Brahma as follows:

isvarah paramah krsnah
sac-cid-ananda-vigrahah
anadir adir govindah
sarva-karana-karanam

"Krishna who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes." Brahma-samhita 5.1

Arjuna reconfirms Krishna's divinity as well:

arjuna uvaca
param brahma param dhama
pavitram paramam bhavan
purusam sasvatam divyam
adi-devam ajam vibhum
ahus tvam rsayah sarve
devarsir naradas tatha
asito devalo vyasah
svayam caiva bravisi me

"Arjuna said: You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the ultimate abode, the purest, the Absolute Truth. You are the eternal, transcendental, original person, the unborn, the greatest. All the great sages such as Narada, Asita, Devala and Vyasa confirm this truth about You, and now You Yourself are declaring it to me." Bhagavad-gita 10.12-13

Every other religious system in the world has some conception of God. The difference between the this Krishna consciousness system and the other systems is that in Krishna consciousness we have clear, concise, precise, exact information about God. We know His most intimate names. We know the names of His close associates. We know exactly where He lives. We know exactly what His activities are, etc. In other religious systems they are lacking in this detailed knowledge of God. They have only a vague understanding at best. Without clear knowledge of God, it is very difficult to achieve the perfection of existence, pure love of God. But if one has all detailed knowledge about God, about His unlimited power, beauty, renunciation, knowledge, wealth, and fame--it becomes very easy to develop pure love for Him and return to His eternal kingdom at the time of death.

If you are still having doubts regarding the authenticity of our process of self-realization, kindly let me know and I shall try my level best to destroy your doubts with the shining torchlight of transcendental knowledge.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?