Which is Better: Wet Stool or Dry Stool?

Our home base is here in Austin at the Austin Hare Krishna center. I remember back in 1971 when Vishnujana Swami first brought ISKCON to Austin. Austin was a small college town with only three tall buildings. There was nothing much happening here except for the University of Texas, the Texas state capital, and the Hare Krishna center at 2906 Dancy Street, where we did a lot of dancing and chanting. There was such a friendly smal town atmosphere that the mayor of Austin, Mr. Roy Butler, attended my initiation ceremony on Dancy Street. 45th Street was north Austin, Now one has travel ten miles north from 45th Street to be in north Austin. Our ashram in north Austin is next to a forest. Now they are going to tear down the forest and put up an apartment building. Austin is now blessed with hellish traffic jams and regular murders.

Sometimes I lament the changes between the old Austin and the new Austin. But then I remember that the old small town Austin and the new hellish city Austin are both within the material energy where people are forced to get sick, get old, and die. So the difference between the old Austin and the new Austin is like the difference between wet stool and dry stool. Someone may think that dry stool is better than wet stool because it does not emit the foul odor that wet stool emits. But in either case, whether it is wet stool or dry stool, it is disgusting stool.

So in this way we have to philosophically detach ourselves from the so-called happiness and distress of this material world because both of them are stool.


Sankarshan Das Adhikari

P.S. Thank you for reading Thought for the Day. If you have not already done so, please make this your regular daily habit. You will derive great benefit by doing so.

Krishna Consciousness Is Transcendental to the Happiness and Distress of this Material World

Krishna Consciousness

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Handle My Desire to Join the Army?

Hare Krishna, Guru Maharaja,
Please accept my humble obeisances.

I am Amit from India. I came in contact with devotees through college preaching and I have been practising Krishna consciousness for the last three years.

I come from a defense background. My father was in the army. So I am brought up in that defence residence, school & college only. From my childhood I had strong desire to become a army officer, but after coming to Krishna consciousness I know that army life will not be favorable for bhakti. After college I wanted to join the army but somehow by Krishna's arrangement I got placed in Microsoft. I joined Microsoft last year and suppressed my desire to join the army. But every now and then than that desire comes back and makes me restless, disturbing my Krishna consciousness.

I want to become a brahmachari and dedicate my life for Prabhupada's mission but this desire to join army overpowers me sometimes.

Please help how to handle this Guru Maharaja.

Thank you
Your servant
Amit Joshi

Answer: Become a Soldier for Krishna

From: Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Amit,

Please accept my blessings
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Use your army propensity in Krishna's service. Become a full time brahmacari serving in one of our ISKCON temples. Thus you will become a full time soldier in Prabhupada's army as we fight the greatest battle to conquer the entire world by making everyone Krishna conscious. When you are ready to quit Microsoft and join one of our brahmacari ashrams as a full time Krishna consciousness soldier let me know, and I will help you to get admitted to one our wonderful ISKCON brahmacari facilities.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.
Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this most urgent world deliverance mission to save the suffering humanity from gliding down to the animal kingdom in their next births.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?