Warning: Do Not Look at Krishna If.....

Srila Rupa Goswami has warned us not to see Krishna if we want to remain attached to our material friends:

smerāṁ bhaṅgī-traya-paricitāṁ sāci-vistīrṇa-dṛṣṭiṁ
vaṁśī-nyastādhara-kiśalayām ujjvalāṁ candrakeṇa
govindākhyāṁ hari-tanum itaḥ keśi-tīrthopakaṇṭhe
mā prekṣiṣṭhās tava yadi sakhe bandhu-saṅge ’sti raṅgaḥ

"My dear friend, if you still have any desire to enjoy the company of your friends within this material world, then don't look upon the form of Kṛṣṇa, who is standing on the bank of Keśī-ghāṭa [a bathing place in Vṛndāvana]. He is known as Govinda, and His eyes are very enchanting. He is playing upon His flute, and on His head there is a peacock feather. And His whole body is illuminated by the moonlight in the sky."


Sankarshan Das Adhikari

P.S. Thank you for reading Thought for the Day. If you have not already done so, please make this your regular daily habit. You will derive great benefit by doing so.

Krishna's Instructions Cannot Be Ignored

Krishna's Instructions Cannot Be Ignored 

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Get Free from Bodily Attachment?

Hare Kṛṣṇa Guru Maharaja
Please accept my most humble and respectful obesiences unto your divine lotus feet. 🙇🏻‍♀️

I am so attached to my material body. How do I let go of this bodily attachment, and how can I always remember that I'm just a spirit soul ?

Your most insignificant and fallen servant,

Mausam

Answer: Serve Krishna 24 Hours a Day

From: Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Mausam,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

This can easily be accomplished by engaging all of your thoughts, words, and deeds in the service of Lord Sri Krishna 24 hours a day.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.
Your ever well-wisher,



Sankarshan Das Adhikari


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?