Bhaktivinode Thakur Most Mercifully Teaches Us How to Hanker for Pure Bhakti

Here is a most amazing bhajan (devotional song) by Srila Bhaktivindoe Thakur in which he teaches us how to hanker for pure devotional service. In this recording it is sung in English for the easy understanding and benefit of the English speaking world. Click here to hear the song.

kabe ha'be bolo se-dina āmār? When, oh when will that day be mine?

When my offenses ceasing, taste for the name increasing, when in my heart will Your mercy shine? When, oh when will that day be mine?

Lower than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, when will my mind attain this quality? Respectful to all, not expecting their honor, then shall I taste the name’s nectar sublime. When, oh when will that day be mine?

Great wealth or followers, feminine beauty, I won’t care for them or the comforts of my body. Birth after birth give me, O Lord Chaitanya, causeless devotion to Your feet divine. When, oh when will that day be mine?

When will I utter Krishna, Krishna, Krishna, with words choked up and shivering body? When will I be trembling all over, lose bodily color, tears pouring from my eyes? When, oh when will that day be mine?

When in Navadvipa along the Ganges bank, shouting “Gaura-Nityananda!” as a surrendered soul, dancing, chanting, running everywhere, when will I become half mad of mind? When, oh when will that day be mine?

When will Lord Nityananda show mercy upon me, and when will I reject the world of maya? Bestow unto me the shade of Your lotus feet, and let the right to preach the name be mine. When, oh when will that day be mine?

I will beg, borrow, or steal the nectar of the name. By the name’s effect I will feel paralyzed. O enjoyer of the nectar of the name, when will I touch Your lotus feet till the end of time? When, oh when will that day be mine?

When kindness to all beings will be appearing, with free heart forgetting my self-comforting, Bhaktivinoda in all humility prays, “Now I’ll set out to preach Your order sublime.” When, oh when will that day be mine?

Thank you, Bhaktivinode Thakur, for giving us this most wonderful bhajan!


Sankarshan Das Adhikari

P.S. Thank you for reading Thought for the Day. If you have not already done so, please make this your regular daily habit. You will derive great benefit by doing so.

Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Why Balarama Did Not Fight?

Hare Krishna Srila Gurudeva
All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Why didn't Balaram participate in the Kuruksetra war?

Ramcharan

Answer: He Did Not Want the Fight to Happen

From: Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Ramcharan,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

When Balrama heard news of the battle between the Kurus and Pāṇḍavas, He went to Kurukṣetra to try to stop the duel between Bhīma and Duryodhana. But He could not dissuade them from fighting, so deep was their enmity. Understanding that the fight was the arrangement of fate, but not wanting the fight to happen Lord Baladeva left the battlefield and returned to Dvārakā.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.
Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this most urgent world deliverance mission to save the suffering humanity from gliding down to the animal kingdom in their next births.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?