Nothing Sweeter Than Krishna's Holy Names

There is truly nothing sweeter than Krishna's holy names because Krishna's holy names are Krishna Himself. In this wicked age of Kali Krishna is mercifully more easily attainable than in any other age simply by the constant or as much as possible chanting of the Hare Krishna mahamantra:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

Fill your lips and your heart with these transcendental sound vibrations, and you will feel how Krishna has personally become manifested to you with His most gracious unlimited sweetness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Potency of Chanting Krishna's Holy NamesThe Potency of Chanting Krishna's Holy Names

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Receive Initiation?

Your Grace,

My humble obeisances.

I want to personally thank you for reviving my faith in ISKCON as was given by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I have recently enrolled in your course and have been listening to several of your lectures. I have realized that Krishna is using you to share and spread the message of Srila Prabhupada. The early glories of the Krishna Consciousness Movement are resplendent in your voice and message. If I may be so bold, how is one like me to receive initiation? I know this is what I am destined to do. I had lost hope in ever finding a true servant of Srila Prabhupada to initiate me. I know that you are this servant. Do you remember when you missed the chance in San Francisco to personally meet His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada? Well, similarly, I don't want to miss this once in a lifetime chance. Please advise me on what I should do to receive initiation. I pray for you and your service to Bhagavan Krishna and His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada.

Your Servant,
Greg S.

Answer: Chant 16 Rounds and Follow Four Regulative Principles

Although I two times passed up the opportunity to get the mercy of Srila Prabhupada, fortunately the third time I got the opportunity I took advantage of it.

It gives me great joy that in spite of my innumerable disqualifications that Srila Prabhupada has used me as his instrument to help you feel connected with the original mood and spirit of ISKCON that was felt so strongly by all its original members back in the 60's and 70's. It is actually not at all difficult to taste that sweetest nectar when one realizes that Srila Prabhupada is fully present with us right now just as he was in the beginning days of his most amazing movement, in spite of his physical disappearance in 1977.

Just as Prabhupada was very merciful to give initiation to everyone who sincerely desired to awaken their dormant Krishna consciousness, in that same mood we are also extending his mercy to all sincere souls that they can be initiated, in accordance within his instructions, into his disciplic line as his grand disciples, i.e. disciples of his disciples.

So if you want to be initiated, simply you must demonstrate your steadiness in chanting at least 16 rounds every day of the Hare Krishna mahamantra on japa mala beads along with the strict avoidance of illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling. Just as in Srila Prabhupada's time, each candidate requires to be recommended for initiation by their local ISKCON temple president.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?