Properly Channeled Desperation

Desperation. People normally consider desperation to be a depressing, undesirable, negative state of mind. But a properly channeled sense of desperation is the greatest asset of a person who wants to achieve permanent relief from all material miseries by being fully engaged in pure devotional service. This is because when a devotee thus begs the Lord in the mood of a small child desperately crying for his mother the Lord immediately reciprocates by delivering the devotee from his material consciousness. In this way the misery of desperation becomes transcendentally transformed into the sweetest happiness. Therefore it is for our greatest benefit if we can call out to the Lord in a mood of helpless desperation. The Vedic scriptures recommend that we should do this by chanting the Hare Krishna mahamantra on a regular daily basis.

Krishna Responds to Those Who Cry for His Mercy

Krishna Responds to Those Who Cry for His Mercy

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Finding A Spiritual Master for Initiation

I read that the Mundaka Upanishad tells us that we MUST take shelter under a spiritual master to be initiated and arrive at self-realization. Can you tell me if you, Sankarshan Das Adhikari, are one such enlightened master or the spiritual master would need to be His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada?

Sincerely,
Sandy

Answer: By My Spiritual Master's Order

I am very happy to hear that you have properly understood from the Mundaka Upanisad the absolute necessity of accepting a spiritual master for attaining self-realization. And I am even more happy that you are interested in finding a spiritual master for initiation.

Although personally I consider myself to be nothing more than the humble servant of my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, since he enlightened me with transcendental knowledge and ordered me to become a spiritual master, by his grace I am a bona fide spiritual master competent to deliver my disciples to the highest level of spiritual perfection.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?