Bowing Down Controversy

Yesterday I wrote about bowing down,. and I showed a photograph of devotees bowing down to our founder-acharya, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada. Today I received an email from one of my readers who cancelled his subscription because in his view we should only bow down to Krishna and no one else. He has written me as follows:

"I am interested in the Bhagavad-gita and Lord Krishna. I do not want to know about anything else or anybody else. You show people bowing to your Prabhupada, not to Lord Krishna, and I do not feel comfortable bowing to a person. I bow only to the creator of the universe."

But bowing down to Krishna means to follow the instructions of Krishna. Without following the instructions of Krishna there is no meaning to bowing down to Krishna. Krishna instructs in the Bhagavad-gita that we should bow down to the spiritual master with humility, submission, and surrender. So if my disgruntled former reader was truly understanding what it means to bow down to Krishna, he would accept the instructions of Krishna and bow down to the spiritual master. He claims that he only wants to know the Bhagavad-gita, but he does not know the first thing about the Bhagavad-gita.

Sadly, such ignorance and misunderstanding is very widespread and common at the present time. Therefore I have fully dedicated my life for giving the world population the proper understanding of the Bhagavad-gita. Whether they want to surrender to Krishna or not, that is up to them. But at least they must have the proper understanding of what is being taught in the Bhagavad-gita.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Controversial Photograph of
Devotees Bowing Down to Srila Prabhupada
Controversial Photograph of Devotees

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: What to Tell an Atheist?

I want to ask a question:

What do I tell a person who is materialistic and searches me out to debate on the existence of God?

Since I started High School I have a girlfriend who is an atheistic materialist. She says that advanced systems don't believe in God because religion is for the bourgeoisie.

Abraham

Answer: When Has Something Ever Come from Nothing?

Ask her if she thinks there is an origin to the universe or if it just popped out of nothing. If she says it popped out of nothing, ask her where is the empirical evidence that at anytime in the history of the universe anything has popped out of nothing.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?