The Supreme Connoisseur

There is no one more expert at enjoying than Krishna. He has the best of everything. He has the right to enjoy everything because He owns everything. No one can compete with Him in the matter of proprietorship and enjoyment. No one even comes close. He is truly the supreme connoisseur.

There are those, however, who try to compete with Him in enjoyment. Even though they cannot be successful, they imagine themselves to be enjoying on the highest level. They come to this material world as false lords and try to exert their proprietorship over that which is merely slipping through their fingers.

Those who are spiritually enlightened do not try to compete with the Lord. Rather they choose to participate with Him in His enjoyment. Thus they enjoy on an equal level with Him. They attain a state of consciousness known as desirelessness. This state is defined as follows by Śrīla Jīva Gosvāmī in his Sandarbha:

bhajanīya parama purusa sukha mātra sva sukhatvam

"One should feel happy only by experiencing the happiness of the Supreme Lord."

By relishing the happiness of making the Lord happy the devotee also becomes the supreme connoisseur.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Will I Attain Higher Heights?
I have been following Your guidance for over a year now and carefully reading Thought for the Day. I am quite amazed at Your ability to publish ever fresh ideas and observations in Your newsletter.

If I keep following and obeying, studying and chanting, will I be able to reach anywhere near those heights in thought? I reckon this sounds like a vain aspiration but really higher thoughts and higher levels of consciousness are something I desire. I feel I can become closer to understanding God in that way. How can I think like you?

Thank you for your patience with me after all this time...

Hare Krishna,

Your slow-learning student

Brenda Lee R.

Answer: If You Do What I Have Done.

Yes, you will be able to advance in Krishna consciousness to very high levels where you will be having at every minute ever-fresh realizations about Lord Krishna and your relationship with Him. This is not only possible; it is guaranteed that this will happen to you, if you will carefully chant your 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mahamantra every day and strictly follow the regulative principles of freedom.

If you want to be able to think like me, you should do the same thing that I have done. You must fully surrender yourself to Guru and Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?