Happy Every Day

Krishna consciousness is so nice that you can be happy every day, no matter what is going on around you. Such a state of consciousness is what everyone is hankering and endeavoring for, but they never fully achieve it because they are going about it in the wrong way. People think that by becoming wealthy, powerful, or famous that they can achieve a position of uninterrupted happiness. But nothing could be further from the truth. We see again and again the examples of people who achieve wealth, fame, and power but who are extremely miserable in that position.

If we want factual happiness all we have to do is turn to the Srimad Bhagavatam and follow its principles. By engaging in unalloyed devotional service, we will taste the sweetest nectar at every minute:

ato vai kavayo nityam
bhaktih paramayā mudā
vāsudeve bhagavati
kurvanty ātma-prasādanīm

"Certainly, therefore, since time immemorial, all transcendentalists have been rendering devotional service to Lord Krishna, the Personality of Godhead, with great delight, because such devotional service is enlivening to the self."
Srimad Bhagavatam 1.2.22

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Difficulty with Spouse

I've been reading your emails since the beginning of this year, and I find it very inspiring. It is slowly changing my way of thinking for the better. I am now more conscious about my actions than before. I recently decided to abstain from eating meat, but the problem is that my spouse is having a problem with this. She does not want to accept this change of mine. How do I make her understand that all I am doing is following your teachings to improve my lifestyle? Please help because this change of mine seems to be causing a strain in my relationship. I hope my question makes sense to you. If not, please ignore it and forgive me.

Best regards,
Your student,

Prajan

Answer: If She Truly Loves You...

We take to the Krishna consciousness because it is the only way to become fully happy, free from all suffering. However our family members may become unhappy with us when we adopt such an unfamiliar lifestyle. If that happens, we can ask them if they want us to be happy or not. Even if they do not want to follow this wonderful blissful pathway themselves, if they truly love us they will allow us to practice it so that we can become happy.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?