Wonderful Krishna Consciousness

Krishna consciousness is so wonderful that in spite of facing so many difficulties in this material world one can always remain in a jolly mood. This is because Krishna consciousness is completely beyond this material world. It does not matter what one's situation may be. Either in happiness or distress one can relish great transcendental happiness within one's heart.

That day when the world wakes up and realizes what is this sublime process known as the Krishna consciousness, peace and prosperity will be enjoyed by everyone in all nations of the world. Even the animals will become jolly..

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Speed of Spiritual Progress...

Dear teacher,

I offer my respectful obeisances unto you.

(1) Living in such a family, I can not live peacefully, the whole house is filled with TV noise and materialistic trifles. People are engaged in sinful actions. I feel upset sometimes. I hope I can be freed from the family bondage as quickly as possible.

In such a terrible circumstances, I try my best but I progress very slowly. Why? Does atmosphere have an effect on one's consciousness?

What determines the speed of spiritual progress?

(2) Since childhood, I want to be a single without marriage all my life. Now I still want to perform celibacy to fully dedicate myself to Krishna. But such a celibate life will incur censure from relatives in China. If one do not marry, criticism from others will get him down. I very much want to live a celibate life. Will Krishna help me to achieve this aim?

3) When we say "Human life is rare, don't waste it." does it include barbarians? Can they surrender to God? Does Vedic scripture identify them as animals or humans?

Your servant from China

Answer: Depends on Your Enthusiasm...

It is natural to slowly progress in such an atmosphere because it does have a very negative effect on your consciousness. But because you are sincere and it is not currently practical for you to leave home, Krishna from within is helping you to be Krishna conscious in spite of being in such a materialistic atmosphere.

The speed of your spiritual progress is determined by how enthusiastic you are to make spiritual progress. The more you chant Hare Krishna and read Srila Prabhupada's books, the more rapidly you will advance in Krishna consciousness.

Yes, Krishna will help you to live a celibate life.

Anyone who does not surrender to Krishna is classified as a barbarian. Only if they will somehow or other surrender to Krishna do they become considered an actual human being. Even the lowest barbarian-minded person can become a devotee of Krishna, if he will agree to chant the holy names:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?