Memories of Houston--Grateful for the Mercy

Today we are heading out to Houston where I will be giving an evening lecture as posted above. The thought of Houston conjures up many memories for me.

One set of memories consists of the many years of associating with so many great transcendentalists, devotees of the Lord, in Houston. I am very much blessed by this wonderful ever-increasing stock of divine memories, which goes from 1971 up to the present.

The other set of memories goes from 1958 up until 1965. Those are the years I spent growing up in Houston from the ages of 10 through 17. Those were very dark years of illusion and confusion. The memories of those years are painful for me, as I recollect how much I was suffering. Although bitter, there is a sweetness (a bitter sweetness) also in those memories, because those memories reconfirm the absolute necessity of my being solidly situated on the transcendental path. I vividly remember how much I was suffering in this material world without Krishna consciousness. And I can gratefully observe the profound difference in my consciousness now. What a relief!

In this way I can take everything, both the good and the so-called bad, as a blessing from Lord Krishna to help me advance along the progressive pathway to spiritual perfection, pure love of Godhead.

Krishna consciousness is so wonderful. Through it one can transcendentalize everything. One's entire world, one's entire existence becomes completely and totally transformed from matter into spirit.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Can the Future Be Accurately Predicted?...

Do you think that the future can be predicted with utmost certainty?

A S Narang

Answer: Yes, Srimad Bhagavatam Does It...

Yes, the future can be accurately predicted. In the 5,000 year old Srimad Bhagavatam we see so many predictions that have come true in the past, that are coming true in the present, and that will come true in the future.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?