Difficult to Leave

The greatest austerity of visiting the devotees in Kaliningrad, Russia is leaving their association. Why is it so difficult to leave? Because we taste so much sweetness in the ever expanding ocean of their loving association. Whatever austerities we have to sometimes undergo for crossing the Russian border are compensated many times over by the enlivening, merciful association of these simply wonderful devotees. We find so much happiness in their association that as soon as we leave we are immediately planning for our next visit.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Career Enhancement is Wrong?

Hare Krishna, Srila Gurudeva,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Lord Krishna has shown mercy on me by giving me a chance to associate with ISKCON one year back. Initially I was not experiencing much taste but after joining this e-course and reading the archives I started realizing and getting the taste of sweet nectar. I was having sufficient time to devote for Krishna consciousness, but recently I have started preparation for some exam for career enhancement and this is affecting my spiritual activities. I'm now confused wondering if it is wrong to devote time for career enhancement by curtailing time from spiritual activities, when I already have a job for my livelihood.

Hare Krishna,
Your servant, and student

V.S.

Answer: Not if Your Career is Offered to Krishna

If you can serve Krishna better by career enhancement, there is no harm in diverting some of your energy to career enhancement activities as long as you are able to maintain the basic sadhana of chanting at least 16 rounds daily of the Hare Krishna mantra on japa mala beads and strictly following the four regulative principles. So, you may do a marathon for some time to enhance your career, but then you should revert back to spending more time engaged in Krishna conscious activities.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?