911 Remembered--Ending the Terror

It was eight years ago today that there was a terror attack which brought down the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York killing thousands of people. Such happenings are par for the course in the Kali Yuga, the age of quarrel and hypocrisy. If we want to counteract the inauspiciousness of this age, the Vedic scriptures recommend the wide scale performance of harinama sankirtana, the congregational chanting of the holy names of God. Such chanting has the power to uplift and purify the demoniac atmosphere that is being more and more manifested on this planet with each passing year.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Heavy Karma on 9 September 2001

Heavy Karma on 9 September 2001

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Why Krishna Allows Me to Fall?

My question is: Why does Krishna let me come to material world?

Would you please enlighten me why?

Hare Krishna

Your servant,

Ali

Answer: For Your Rectification

Srila Prabhupada gives a nice a example of how Krishna facilitated our foolish desire to want to try to enjoy separately from Him in lecture given on 4 September 1972 in New Vrindavan, West Virginia, USA:

Just like a child; a child is persisting, crying, "Father, I must have. Give me." Father does not like to give him that undesirable thing, but because the child persists in crying, making disturbance, then my father says, "All right, you take." That is father's mercy. "Oh, why this child is crying? Let him have it. That's all." We have got practical experience. So, I may recite that in my younger days when my eldest son was only two years and half, so, he was trying to catch the table fan -- the table fan was moving -- so I was resisting, "No, don't touch." But he insisted, a child. So, one of my friends was sitting, he said that, "Make it slow and allow him to touch it." So I did it and the child touched it; then there was, in the finger, "Tunnng!" And, then I asked him if, "Again touch?" "No, no! No."

In this example given by Srila Prabhupada we can see that Krishna is the affectionate father wanting to satisfy the desire of His but at the same time making sure that in spite of the child's foolishness that he will be alright. Krishna arranges an educational program to convince us to return to His eternal abode.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?