Connected With the Powerhouse

If we have a first class lamp but it is not plugged in, it will give no light. It must be connected with the powerhouse by being plugged into an electrical outlet. Then it will give very nice illumination. Similarly, if we want to be spiritually illuminated, we must be connected with the primal powerhouse, the ultimate source of all energies, Lord Sri Krishna the Supreme Personality of Godhead. When we plug in our lamp we do not plug it directly into the powerhouse. We instead plug it into an electrical outlet that is connected with the powerhouse. Similarly, when we connect with Krishna we do so through the current link, the live spiritual potency outlet, the bona fide spiritual master. This principle is enshrined in the Bhagavad-gita in which Lord Krishna states that the knowledge of the Bhagavad-gita is understood through the principle of disciplic succession:

evaṁ paramparā-prāptam
imaṁ rājarṣayo viduḥ
sa kāleneha mahatā
yogo naṣṭaḥ parantapa

"This supreme science was thus received through the chain of disciplic succession, and the saintly kings understood it in that way. But in course of time the succession was broken, and therefore the science as it is appears to be lost."--Bhagavad-gita 4.2

If we will accept this principle and connect with Lord Sri Krishna through the current link, the bona fide spiritual master, we will attain the supreme perfection of going back home, back to Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada Trains a Disciple

Srila Prabhupada Trains a Disciple

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Lack of Taste in Chanting

Hare Krishna Maharaja,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

Though born in a cultured spiritual and devotional family, i didn't take to devotional life until 6 months ago. By the mercy of the devotees I understood Krishna consciousness and feel fortunate to have had the association of such great devotees. I have been chanting mahamantra 16 rounds daily for the last 4 months now. I follow all the regulative principles and read the books and listen to lectures, which would be the main activity in 24 hrs. I enjoy the lectures by various Maharajas and thoroughly enjoy the Srimad Bhagavatam. I am trying my best to be sincere in devotional service. However, probably because of my previous sinful activities, sometimes I am not able to enjoy the chanting. Sometimes I do enjoy, mostly I do not. I sit in front of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's picture and try to concentrate while chanting. I feel like stopping chanting and instead listening to a lecture or reading the Srimad Bhagavatam. I feel sad when I am like this. I do not know how to overcome this, and I feel distressed. Please by your mercy guide me in right path and help me in my spiritual path.

Your student

Answer: Keep Chanting. Taste Will Come.

In the neophyte stage chanting is sometimes bitter. Just like a person suffering from jaundice tastes sugar candy to be very bitter. But the cure for jaundice is to take sugar candy. So even though it is bitter the patient takes it on the order of his doctor. In this way he gradually becomes cured and the sugar candy regains its natural sweetness. Therefore even when bitter you must continue chanting. In this way you will become cured from all material disease and your chanting will be sweeter than honey at every minute.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?