Begging to Transmit the Supreme Benediction

Yesterday during the morning program in our Los Angeles temple Bhakta Richard asked me which place I was going to next to bestow benediction upon the people. I replied to him that I am praying to be able to do this. I have to pray for it because even though I have been ordered by my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, to spread the supreme benediction of Krishna consciousness, I feel myself quite unfit to do so. Therefore my only hope is to beg Srila Prabhupada that in spite of my innumerable disqualifications that he kindly empower me for this most important task.

mukhaṁ karoti vācālaṁ
panguṁ laṅghayate girim
yat kṛpā tam ahaṁ vande
śrī-guruṁ dīna-tāraṇam

"I offer respectful obeisances unto my beloved spiritual master, the deliverer of the most fallen, by whose mercy a lame man can cross over a mountain and a dumb man can deliver eloquent speeches."

By his blessings anything is possible. So now may he fully utilize me as his instrument for spreading the Krishna consciousness movement.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

ISKCON Los Angeles

ISKCON Los Angeles

Srila Prabhupada Deity at ISKCON Los Angeles

Srila Prabhupada Deity at ISKCON Los Angeles

Sri Sri Rukmini Dwarkadish, the Deities of Los Angeles

Sri Sri Rukmini Dwarkadish, the Deities of Los Angeles

Sri Sri Radha Damodar Worshipped in Los Angeles

Sri Sri Radha Damodar Worshipped in Los Angeles

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Not Able to Concentrate

Dear Sir,

I am a neophyte but loving devotee of Lord Sri Krishna. I am 15 years old. I have read the Bhagavad-gita As It Is completely only once. I have applied some of the teachings mentioned by Srila Prabhupada as and when I had read them.

I have started chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra 108 times every morning before leaving for school. But during the chanting process, I am not able to concentrate and keep my mind fixed on the Lord. I can't even guarantee if I have chanted it 108 times. My mind wanders all about thinking about many things. What could be the problem, Sir? Please advise.

Your true student,

Naresh

Answer: Beg for Krishna's Help

You should count the number of your chants on japa mala beads. By completing one round on the beads you will have chanted the Hare Krishna mahamantra 108 times.

Before you begin chanting beg Lord Krishna to help you keep you mind solidly fixed on the mantra while you are chanting. Pray sincerely and beg that He bless you in this way. Then chant with intense concentration carefully pronouncing and hearing each and every syllable of the mahamantra. In this way, if you endeavor very seriously to fully absorb your consciousness in the sound of Krishna's names, He will surely help you.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?