Writing in the Middle of the Night

It is the middle of the night. We are currently crossing the Atlantic ocean on a flight from the USA to Amsterdam. Around me on the airplane practically everyone is sleeping. It is a very good opportunity for peacefully engaging in the most sublime of all activities, writing Krishna conscious literature. Although there is no comparing of me with my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, I am reminded that this is the time that he used to use for writing his books without disturbance. After two hours of rest he would rise every morning at midnight and spend the night writing his books. In this way even while circling the globe thirteen times in twelve years, constantly lecturing and explaining the science of bhakti to his disciples and so many others, managing over 100 centers, and writing thousands and thousands of letters to guide his disciples and others on the path of bhakti--he was still able to astound scholars all over the world by writing so many volumes of books.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: I Do Not Understand One Religion

Dear Gurudeva,

I have not understood yet the concept of one religion to the whole humanity. I see every path as a separate religion. In the 50 mails that we have conducted we have not discussed this much, but I have understand today much more than I understood in the past. Although I have my realizations too, hopefully in future I will understand more expertly.

Indu

Answer: Realize that You Have No Realization

The biggest block you are facing in spiritual realization is thinking that you already know something. It is only when you realize that you don't know anything that the Vedic wisdom will penetrate all the coverings in your heart and everything will be revealed to you just like the sun lights up everything in the daytime. If you continue thinking that you already know something, although I may write you 5 million emails, you will remain in the darkness.

Please try to understand the simply truth that there is only sun in the sky, although it is called many different names in many different languages. Similarly, there is only one God, although He is addressed by many different names in many different languages.

Always your well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?