Winning the War on Terrorism

As I write these words we are flying from Hong Kong to Delhi, India. This means that in a few hours we will be landing in that country which has just undergone a series of brutal terrorist attacks in which over 100 people were murdered. Such horrific tragedies are a stark reminder of how dangerous indeed this material world is. Once when my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, was asked about terrorism he said that in a world where everyone is like an animal it is natural that some of the "animals" will be ferocious. This profound statement from Srila Prabhupada indicates that the only tangible solution for the terrorism scourge is to elevate the entire society beyond the animal platform to the platform of pure love of God. As long as men remain like animals by engrossment in eating, sleeping, mating, and defending it is inevitable that some of them will come out as terrorists. So if we want true lasting peace we must popularize the Krishna consciousness movement all over the world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Where Were You Born?

Although I know that your only religion is to serve Lord Krishna, still I eagerly would like to ask you whether by birth you are a Hindu or a Christian. I get confused because you are living in the USA. So please clarify where you were born exactly.

Amit Gupta
Delhi, India

Answer: When Are You Going to be Born?

We get our first birth from our mother and father. But that birth is not very significant because without second birth we remain on the animal platform of eating, sleeping, mating, and defending. What is really important is our second birth, which we get from the spiritual master and the Vedas. The Vedas are our mother, and the spiritual master is our father. So I was born in Austin, Texas on 12 August 1971 when my spiritual master, Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, accepted me as his disciple.

Although in my previous life I was baptized as a Christian, I never felt that I was solidly connected with God and Lord Jesus Christ until I fully surrendered myself at the lotus feet of my eternal spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. By fully surrendering my entire life to Srila Prabhupada and Lord Sri Krishna I immediately became a perfect Christian, a perfect Hindu, a perfect Jew, a perfect Muslim, etc because surrender to Krishna is the highest perfection of spiritual life.

So now I am wondering when you are going to surrender? What are you waiting for?

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?