Mission Impossible

In fall of 1965 when I was a freshman at Austin College in Sherman, Texas I began searching to discover what was the purpose of my existence. And after many years of struggle it was in the spring of 1971 that my search finally bore fruit. I realized that my duty was to surrender myself fully to the will of God, to abandon my own desires and fully absorb myself 24 hours a day in fulfilling His desires. I was then quite perplexed to know what He wanted me to do, until I read in the Bhagavad-gita Krishna's instruction that I should surrender myself at the lotus feet of His representative, the bona fide spiritual master. I was indeed very fortunate at that time that the Supreme Lord sent me a bona fide spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I surrendered fully at his lotus feet giving my eternal existence to him. He then taught me the science of bhakti and gave me and his other disciples what could be deemed as an absolutely impossible mission, we are to deliver all the illusioned souls of this world back to the spiritual world.

How are we to carry out this unthinkable task? It is only by the mercy of our spiritual master that we can do anything. Therefore in full obedience to his order and begging for his blessings I fully surrender myself to this mission. I am begging the Supreme Lord Krishna that before I pass away from this body that I can see the success of this mission. Of course, such a global transformation seems unattainable and totally impractical. But I know that by the grace of the unlimited Supreme Lord even the impossible can become possible. Therefore bowing down at His lotus feet and begging for His mercy I am praying for the complete respiritualization of the entire human society as soon as possible. Please, Lord Krishna, let me see it happen during my lifetime.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: What Faith Do You Practice?

Just out of curiosity, what faith do you practice?

Thanks,

Charles

Answer: We Have Faith in the Source of All Existence

Krishna consciousness is not a particular religious faith such as Christianity, Judaism, or Islam. It is the original pure essence of religion before man in his materialistic way of thinking divided it into this religious faith and that religious faith. It is the science of developing pure love for God. The principles of Krishna consciousness are universal and are thus equally applicable to all persons.

For example, by practicing Krishna consciousness a Christian will become a perfect Christian, a Jew will become a perfect Jew, a Hindu will become a perfect Hindu, and so on. Because it is the pathway of pure and perfect knowledge, through the practice of Krishna consciousness a philosopher will become a perfect philosopher and a scientist will become a perfect scientist. Indeed, because it is the perfection of existence, one who practices Krishna consciousness will become perfect in whatever he does. A poet will become a perfect poet, a government leader will become a perfect government leader, a husband will become a perfect husband, a businessman will become a perfect businessman, etc, etc.

Thus, if the entire world will take advantage of this Krishna consciousness process as being taught by the Krishna consciousness movement it will become transformed into paradise, heaven on earth.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?