Beyond the Multitudinous Sufferings

Although my flu has gone from bad to worse and I am extremely ill, I am very enlivened to be back here in Russia with these wonderful devotees. This is one of those things that I love so much about Krishna consciousness. It does not matter what the circumstances are on the material plane. If you dive wholeheartedly into the mood of pure devotional service, immediately you experience great transcendental happiness. This is the rare state of consciousness that nobody in the material world has. The happiness or lack of happiness of the materialists is always based on the material circumstances. Therefore they are guaranteed in the final analysis to become frustrated and disappointed with their lives. But a devotee is situated on the transcendental plane far, far beyond the multitudinous sufferings of this world of birth and death.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Blissful Russian Devotees

Blissful Russian Devotees

Blissful Russian Devotees

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Tilaka and Neck Beads

How important is applying tilaka (clay markings which decorate the body as a temple of God) and kanti-mala (neck beads)? Is it compulsory that whoever is chanting the Hare Krishna mahamantra must wear kanti-mala and apply tilaka all the time, or can we do this only at the time of puja and attending temple functions? Please advise.

Your servant,

Rekha

Answer: Should Always Be Worn

Because they are both very conducive for our Krishna consciousness, kanti-mala should always be worn, and tilaka should also always be worn. In his book, the Nectar of Devotion, Srila Prabhupada describes that persons who wear neck beads and tilaka are understood as devotees of the Supreme Lord and their presence makes the world purified so much so that anywhere they remain that place becomes as good as the spiritual world.

If there is difficulty wearing tilaka at one's job, he may apply water tilaka instead. But other than that a Vaisnava should always be seen wearing tilak and kanti-mala. Many years ago when I was working a job I was not wearing clay tilaka. But knowing how important tilaka is, one day I decided to wear it to work. That day I was so successful in executing my duties as a salesman that my manager told me, "I don't know what that is on your forehead, but you must wear it every day." So from then on I happily wore tilaka to work every day.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?