My Mission

I could never stomach taking my goal in life simply to be a well respected man within the contemporary society. Why? Because I could clearly see that the contemporary society is going way off the track. It's insane. It has made nothing short of a royal mess out of this world.

My conscience sought a much deeper meaning and purpose to existence. I could see a society that was grossly out of harmony with the very source of its existence. I knew that I had one duty and one duty only: to reach a state of perfect harmony with the source of all existence and help everyone else to do the same. In spite of my innumerable disqualifications, out of His causeless mercy, the Supreme Lord blessed me with the shelter and guidance of a bona fide spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Srila Prabhupada removed my ignorance with the light of transcendental knowledge and taught me how to do exactly what I was hankering to do. For this I am eternally indebted unto him. Now I am praying for his unlimited blessings that I can successfully execute my life's mission.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Always Be Krishna Conscious?

From one of Your merciful lectures you instructed us that there should not be any gap for Maya, that we must fully engage our mind 24 hours in the thoughts and service of Lord Krishna, the spiritual master, and the devotees. But these kind of thoughts do not come to my mind spontaneously. Even after the morning sadhana (meditation and worship), my mind is easily carried away by the material thoughts in spite of my sincerely trying to remember the Lotus Feet of Sri Krishna.

So, Guru Maharaja, how can I train my mind to be always focused in Krishna Consciousness? And how can I instill the mind with thoughts pertaining to devotional service?

Thanking You,

Your aspiring eternal servant,

Harikrishnan

Answer: By Strong Faith

To keep your mind always focused on Krishna you must have strong faith that by Krishna consciousness you will be elevated to the highest perfection of life. Such focus of mind is called vyavasāyātmikā, being resolute in Krishna consciousness. In this connection Lord Sri Krishna states in the Bhagavad-gita:

vyavasāyātmikā buddhir
ekeha kuru-nandana
bahu-śākhā hy anantāś ca
buddhayo 'vyavasāyinām

"Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose, and their aim is one. O beloved child of the Kurus, the intelligence of those who are irresolute is many-branched."
--Bhagavad-gita 2.41

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?