Existence is Exciting

When we get back to life's basics we become completely free from all types of distress. Indeed, our life becomes an exciting adventure at every moment as we re-establish our eternal servitude relationship with Krishna or God, the source of all existence. This is exciting because existence itself is exciting and because through loving devotional service to the supreme person we become gradually re-situated in our natural original consciousness. In other words all the anxieties and stress that we face on a daily basis are simply due to the unnatural coverings which have contaminated our consciousness. When those coverings are removed we find ourselves swimming in an ocean of unlimited transcendental bliss.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Should I Quit my Job?

I have been attending local ISKCON congregational programs regularly, which gives me immense peace of mind and pleasure. But when I get back to my job (company job), which is the source of my bread and butter, I really feel disillusioned and not comfortable. So is it time that I should quit my job and give my full concentration to spiritual life?

I have also family responsibilities, with my two daughters still to get married.

Kindly give your suggestions,

Your servant of servants,
Shyamsunder

Answer: Do It For Krishna

As long as you have family responsibilities, you must remain at your job. So there is no question of giving up your job. You cannot renounce your material duties. You can however become internally renounced by offering yourself fully in Krishna's service.

As long as we have material bodies we require some means of livelihood. If you will fully offer yourself to Lord Krishna 24 hours daily, whatever means of livelihood you adopt will not be an impediment for your Krishna consciousness. Job means earning money. And if that money is spent 100% in a Krishna conscious way, you will always feel blissfully connected with Krishna, even when you are working your job.

So now you must master the art of how to spend your money perfectly in the Lord's service, without misspending even a small portion of it on material sense gratification. This will completely relieve you from your current sense of anxiety at your job.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?