What You Meditate On..

Some .people are like honey bees always looking for the honey. They always try to find the good in a thing. Others are like flies, always looking for the sores. They want to find what is wrong with something. Those who always absorb their thoughts in what is bad tend to manifest bad qualities in their own character because that is what they are always thinking about. Conversely those who always absorb their thoughts in what is good tend to manifest good qualities. In other words, you become like that upon which you meditate. This is why the devotees always choose to absorb their minds on Krishna, the Supreme Good and develop all saintly qualities.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Continuing to Sin and Feeling Ashamed...

I was following the regulations of the Vedic lifestyle but recently I started smoking again and having occasional drinks. I still don't eat meat. There have been occasions in the past few years that I've had illicit sex but not nearly the way I used to. I was just wondering if I continue to the best of my ability will there come a time when I no longer will want these things. I feel very scared that because I make these mistakes that I'll never be able to have peace and to have a relationship with Krishna. I'm sorry if I've offended you. Please give me any guidance you can.

Your student

Answer: Pick Yourself Up...

When you fall down, pick yourself up and keep practicing Krishna consciousness. Eventually you will become so strong that you will never fall down.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?