What Am I Doing?...

Sometimes I wonder, "What am I doing with my life? Am I really doing the right thing?" But if I carefully and thoughtfully consider the options, it is again reconfirmed that there is no other meaningful course of action than the one I am taking.

Why should I dedicate my entire life to only serving a rotting material body and to a culture which enslaves people in such a meaningless existence? This does not make sense at all. Serving the needs of the actual self, the eternal spiritual being who resides within the body is what makes real sense to me and nothing else.

The atheists will criticize me for being a stupid person of faith, but I clearly see that they are the ones who are guilty of blind faith, not me. I can easily understood the scientific proof for the existence of the soul and the Supreme Soul.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Does God Desire?...

I have heard many people say, "God wants this" or "God wants that." Does God actually have desires at all? I would rather hear from a Vedic authority and I believe you are one of those. Please dispel my doubt.

Thank you.

Love always...

Tommi

Answer: God Desires Unlimitedly...

Since everything originates in God, and since desire is the one of the factors of existence, we can understand that desire must exist within God. And since He is the Supreme and surpasses all others we can understand that His ability to desire is unlimited. He desires unlimitedly.

We can hear directly in the Bhagavad-gita from Krishna Himself where He describes clearly so many desires that He has for us to engage in His service. Of course, it is not that He needs our service. He desires for us to serve Him so that we become benefitted. Here is an example:

man-mana bhava mad-bhakto
mad-yaji mam namaskuru
mam evaisyasi yuktvaivam
atmanam mat-parayanah

"Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, become My devotee, offer obeisances to Me and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me."
--Bg 9.34

And this is just one of the many, many verses in Krishna expresses His desires.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?