Executing Acharya's Duties

My spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, has very nicely described that the characteristics of an acharya, a bona fide spiritual master are as follows:

1. He knows the conclusions of the shastras (revealed scriptures).
2. He follows in the footsteps of his predecessor acharyas.
3. He endeavors to preach the ultimate self-realization science (Krishna consciousness) all over the world.

And then after enlightening us as to what is a acharya he ordered us, his disciples, that we must become acharyas.
So now on his order I am endeavoring by his mercy to do just that.

It is not always easy to preach the science of Krishna consciousness all over the world. Just like I am now in Lima, Peru. Upon arriving here I immediately fell very sick. This is makes it very difficult for me to do my duties of giving two lectures daily and keeping up with my correspondence. But yet I must carry on in my sincere endeavor to obey the instructions I have received from my spiritual master. I know that by his mercy it is possible for me to successfully execute my duties. So now, falling at his feet and begging for his mercy, I carry on with my work.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Krishna Equal to Everyone?...

Thank you for answering my questions the last time

I have been so fascinated by Srila Prabhupada's books and now your good job that I have taken to Krishna Consciousness. But my husband doesn't seem to like it. He is so engrossed in material things that he says he doesn't believe in Krishna Consciousness. I do my japa and go to the temple, but he doesn't like it. My question is I am here today in this Krishna consciousness because of Krishna's mercy so why is my husband an obstacle? If Krishna made me Krishna conscious why not my husband? Please help me.

Your student

Answer: Some Take His Mercy, Some Don't....

Krishna is equally bestowing His mercy upon everyone so that they can all take to Krishna consciousness and return home, back to Godhead. This is compared to the rainfall, which comes down everywhere without discrimination. But when the rain falls on a large hard rock it simply rolls off and does not penetrate that rock. And when the rain falls on the soft soil it enters into that soil, thus enriching and nourishing it. In the same way while those who are soft hearted allow the mercy of Krishna to enter into their hearts, those who are hard-hearted do not.

What makes one hard hearted? Indulgence in sinful activities.

Then what can be done to soften the hearts of those who are hard-hearted to give them a higher taste so they will give up sinful activities and chant the holy names? We must be soft-hearted towards them by giving them our loving kindness in the form of feeding them Krishna prasadam (vegetarian food offered to Lord Krishna with love and devotion) and telling them about their beautiful Lord Krishna who will save them from all of their miseries. It is a special benediction of Lord Krishna that the mercy of His devotee can act even more powerfully than His mercy alone. So you should always be very, very merciful to your husband and save him from his entanglement within the cycle of birth and death.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?