Conquering Anxiety

A Krishna conscious person is someone who has completely conquered over anxiety. Such a person has completely surrendered to Krishna and completely depends on Krishna for everything. Therefore he is totally fearless, 100% anxiety free.

How does someone who is currently in a state of anxiety become anxiety free? The answer is very simple. He must completely surrender himself to Lord Krishna. The difficulty is that we want to be free from anxiety, but we do not want to surrender to Krishna. This is called cheating. We want to purchase the diamond ring, but we do not want to pay for it. This will not work. If we want the diamond ring, we must pay for it. If we want to become completely free from anxiety, we have no choice except to completely surrender ourselves at the Lord's lotus feet.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Have You Seen Krishna?...

Sankarshan Das Maharaja, my respectable namaskarams to you.

My father is aware of Lord Krishna since 27 years. He does his best in serving God. So he kept my name as Krishna Prasad. I also like Krishna very much. I know that Krishna is God and I believe Him very much. I have lot of confidence on Him. I never lose my confidence in Him in any situation. In the same way He also helps me like that. But I have some questions. I asked my father, "Have you seen Krishna?" He answered, "No, but Krishna helps me in many ways."

I want to know if you have seen Krishna directly or not. If you saw Him, you have talked to Him. Because I am studying your e-mails since two years. I am satisfied with your answers. I asked so many people who are in Krishna bhakti, "Have you seen Krishna?" All answers are same. They all say, "No." I want now a person who is alive who has seen God. I know that your spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, could see God at every minute.

So I want for my guru a person who has seen Krishna. I want to become his follower. But I do not want want to leave home. I want to remain at home and serve Krishna at my best. I also want to see Krishna as early as possible.

Thanks,

Krishna Prasad

Answer: You Are Asking the Wrong Question...

You are mistakenly thinking that seeing Krishna is the qualification for being a bona fide spiritual master. The demon Kamsa saw Krishna, but he was not a guru, nor was he even a devotee. The actual qualification for being a spiritual master is to only repeat the words of Krishna without any addition or subtraction. Nowhere in the scripture does it say that one is required to see Krishna in order to be a spiritual master. You should not invent your own requirements regarding who is a bona fide spiritual master. You should leave this up to authoritative directions given in the Vedic scriptures. In this regard kindly note what the Srimad Bhagavatam states about the bona fide spiritual master:

tasmad gurum prapadyeta
jijnasuh sreya uttamam
sabde pare ca nisnatam
brahmany upasamasrayam

"Any person who seriously desires real happiness must seek a bona fide spiritual master and take shelter of him by initiation. The qualification of the bona fide guru is that he has realized the conclusions of the scriptures by deliberation and is able to convince others of these conclusions. Such great personalities, who have taken shelter of the Supreme Godhead, leaving aside all material considerations, should be understood to be bona fide spiritual masters."
---Srimad Bhagavatam 11.3.21

You may remain at home and become a first class devotee, but only if you are willing to conduct your home life strictly under the guru's guidance.

Of course, by dint of his devotional service, the spiritual master perceives everything within Krishna and Krishna within everything. This is a natural by-product of his full absorption 24 hours daily in the Lord's service. But this is not the yard stick by which you determine who is a spiritual master. Anyone can falsely claim that they are seeing Krishna. Therefore you must judge the guru's qualifications by the above verse from the Srimad Bhagavatam. And when you find him you must take complete shelter of him by initiation. Is this clear?

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?