Appearing on Estonian National Television

23 April 2007--This morning I appeared live on a talk show on Estonian National Television. The timing was perfect. We did the puja for Sri Sri Radha Damodar, went to the TV station for my live appearance, and returned to the temple just in time for to attend Srila Prabhupada's Guru Puja and for me to give the morning Srimad Bhagavatam Class. The show's host Kaileen Mägi asked very nice questions that gave me the perfect opportunity to explain the process of Krishna consciousness in a nutshell. She also asked me about the e-course, which enabled me to announce to the huge viewing audience how to sign up for our course. Immediately new subscribers joined my course from all over Estonia and they continued joining all day.

It is a very wonderful and satisfying feeling to be able to touch so many peoples' hearts with the sublime mercy of Lord Sri Krishna,

Sankarshan Das live on a talk show on Estonian National Television

If you would like to see and hear the live talk show, you may do so by going to the following:

http://www.backtohome.com/video/estonia/Estonian_TV.wmv

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Can We Live Without the Word "I"?...

I have a doubt in my mind, which I wish to get clarified from you. Please guide me.

When we say we are part of the great God we always say, I am a part of God (aham brahmasmi). But in reality who am I? If we say always 'I, me, and mine', then it is a word, "self". Some gurus say we should leave aside the word "I". When we say, "I am a part of God.", "I" always comes. Can we live without the word "I"?

May be my question is incorrect, but please clarify.

Praveen

Answer: Awaken the Real "I"....

The gurus who say to eliminate the word "I" are incomplete in their knowledge. They do not know that along with the false "I" there is also a real "I". The false "I" is "I am this body." The real "I" is, "I am the eternal spirit-soul, servant of Krishna."

To try to completely eliminate "I" is not practical. It is artificial. It will not solidly situate one on the spiritual platform. The best it can do is to give one a sense of temporary relief. But then after some time one will come back to the false "I".

It is only when becomes situated solidly on the platform of the real "I" that one will never back again into the trap of the false "I". Under the cloud of the false "I" one thinks, "I am male. I am female. I am American. I am Indian. I am white. I am black. I am old. I am young." And so many other false things. It is only when one fully reawakens his eternal servitor relationship with Lord Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, that he can become completely free from the false sense of "I". As soon as the false sense of "I" is there, there will also be a false sense of "mine." And one becomes completely entangled in the cycle of birth and death.

If one will regularly chant the Hare Krishna mantra with love, he will fully reawaken the dormant real "I" which has been sleeping within the heart since time immemorial. He will enter into an eternal existence which is full of knowledge and full of bliss.

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?