At the Right Place at the Right Time with the Right Attitude

Somehow or other after suffering in the cycle of repeated birth, death, old age, and disease for countless billions of lifetimes I found myself at the right place, at the right time, with the right attitude. I was standing there in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, California, USA on Sunday 27 June 1971 hearing a public lecture given by the most empowered spiritual master in the history of the universe, His Divine Grace Om Vishnupada Paramahansa Parivrajakacharya Astotttara Sata Sri Srimad A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder-Acharya of ISKCON, the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.

Since the beginning of my freshman year at college in the fall of 1965 I had been very seriously seeking spiritual enlightenment. However, for over five years I had been repeatedly disappointed in my quest because I had encountered so many false teachings and so many false masters, one after another. How did I know they were false? Because they did not give me any relief from my suffering condition.

But still I had not given up my faith that there was a discoverable meaning to my existence, a way to pull out of the depressing, dark quagmire of delusion. So I continued searching and searching and searching for the light of spiritual realization, which I was sure must be there somewhere.

The Lord did not ignore this intense conviction burning in my heart. He arranged everything for me perfectly on that day when I had finally learned sufficiently to approach the spiritual master with humility by bowing down at his feet and offering myself as his servant. When I finally understood the proper mood, Krishna rewarded me that I could finally meet my eternal master, Srila Prabhupada.

His words of wisdom deeply penetrated my heart and pulled me out of this material existence. They inspired to fully dedicate myself to serving him and Lord Sri Krishna. His instructions continue to bless, protect, and guide me to this very day and shall continue to do so for all of eternity.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Why a Person Feels Helpless?...

1) Why a person feel helpless in front of God's decisions?

2) Why is it very difficult for a person to forgive that human being who hurts his/her inner soul?

Chhavi Sharma

Answer: Such Feelings are Born Out of Ignorance Only...

If one feels helpless, this is ignorance. The Lord's pure devotees never feel themselves helpless. They are always feel how they are under the full protection of the Lord even in the most dangerous circumstances. If we feel helpless it means we do not trust the Lord to take care of us. God helps those who help themselves. The best help we can give ourselves is to develop full faith and trust in the Lord.

Persons who cannot forgive are infected by pride.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?