The Most Valuable Lesson: I Am a Rascal

When I joined this Krishna consciousness movement in 1971 in Austin, Texas USA I was most fortunate to be personally trained by one of the greatest preachers in ISKCON history, His Holiness Vishnujana Swami Maharaja. The most valuable lesson he taught me is that I am a rascal. One day when I was driving him in the temple vehicle I was backing out of a driveway, and I did not steer the car properly. When with one tire we ran over the curb he told me, "That is rascal driving." From this one instruction I could understand that this is my position. I am indeed a rascal. If is from this platform of knowing that I am a rascal that I have been able understand the necessity of fully surrendering myself to the bona fide spiritual master to get out of this rascaldom and become a pure devotee of Krishna. Thank you, Vishnujana Swami, for teaching me that I am rascal.

Vishnujana Swami Chanting in Pease Park--Austin, Texas 1971

Sankarshan Das Adhikari - Vishnujana Swami Chanting in Pease Park

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Can You Stop the Kentucky Fried Chicken Outlets?

Can you stop all the Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets and other similar outlets on this planet? Is it possible to destroy all such outlets on this planet?

Why in this material world do we have the law, "jivo jivasya jivanam" that one living being is food for another? The logic is very painful. Are there any higher laws ?

Regards,
Parag R. Rane

Answer: We Want to Deliver the Entire Universe

Why only the Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets? Our mission is to completely spiritualize the entire universe, to bring everyone on all planets to the platform of pure devotional service. If Krishna blesses us in our endeavor, the impossible can be made possible, and we can put a stop to all of this nonsense and liberate everyone from their entanglement in the cycle of birth and death. Even though we are most unfit and unqualified, our lives are fully dedicated for this highest purpose. We want to flood this universe with Krishna consciousness. You kindly dedicate your life completely to assisting us in our mission. This will be the perfection of your existence.

This material world where every living being is food for another living being is naturally painful. This is why we follow the higher law of surrendering to Krishna so that we can get out of this nonsense world and go back to home, back to Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?