On Behalf of My Guru Maharaja

Upon our arrival in Mauritius on 4 June 2011 we were first driven by my disciple, Prahlada Das, to the Hare Krishna temple in Phoenix where we offered our respectful obeisances to Srila Prabhupada, who was fully present in his deity form and to the most beautiful deities, Sri Sri Radha Golokananda. After I feelingly prayed to Srila Prabhupada and Radha Golokananda for their merciful blessings the devotees requested if they could offer me guru puja, a traditional worship ceremony offered to the spiritual master. Of course, I do not consider myself to be qualified to accept such worship, but as a spiritual master it is my duty to accept such worship on behalf of my Guru Maharaja, Srila Prabhupada. As they began the arati ceremony I was most happy to see that my sitting place offered me an unobstructed view of Srila Prabhupada sitting regally on his Vyasasana. So as they worshipped me I mentally transferred all of their loving, affectionate worship to my spiritual master. It was such a pure, wonderful feeling to offer the worship of a whole room full of devotees to Srila Prabhupada. This is our system. The spiritual master never accepts worship on his behalf. He only accepts it on behalf of his spiritual master, who accepts it on behalf of his spiritual master, etc., etc., all the way back to Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Splendorous Radha-Golokananda The Deities of Phoenix, Mauritius

Splendorous Radha-Golokananda The Deities of Phoenix, Mauritius

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Religious Meat Eaters Get Salvation?

Dear Gurudeva,

I read this in yesterday's Thought for the Day, "Since the real meaning of Islam is submission to the will of God and obedience to His law, global Islamization and Krishna conscious globalization are exactly the same thing".

Questions:

Why not follow one of the Abrahamic religions where one can eat meat (Halal or Kosher for example) if they are the same as Krishna consciousness?

So do followers of these faiths not suffer any Karmic reactions as they are within the law of their God?

Please guide me.
S.K.

Answer: They Wouldn't Want It.

I was speaking of the pure form of religion, not the polluted form that is masquerading nowadays as real religion.

Every religious system, including even the Vedic system, gives concessions for meat eaters in order to restrict them, not to encourage them. Just like the government allows cigarette smoking, but under many restrictions. It knows that it cannot stop cigarette smoking altogether, so it allows it under restriction to discourage it. In a similar way the scriptures allow flesh eating under restriction to discourage it. But this does not mean that such flesh and blood eaters are qualified to enter the kingdom of God. They are not because in that supreme abode nobody eats meat. As long as one has a taste for flesh and blood he would be miserable in the kingdom of God and is therefore not allowed to enter there. He will take birth again in that place where meat eating is allowed, this material world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?