Nrsimha Caturdasi

Today is Nrsimha Caturdasi, the appearance anniversary of Lord Nrsimhadeva, the half-man, half-lion incarnation of the Supreme Lord. On this day fasting is observed until dusk, and then followed by feasting. This is a most auspicious day to remember the great mercy the Lord has upon His pure devotees to protect them from all varieties of dangerous situations.

Here are some beautiful prayers for worshipping Lord Nrsimhadeva:

namas te narasiṁhāya
prahlādāhlāda-dāyine
hiraṇyakaśipor vakṣaḥ-
śilā-ṭaṅka-nakhālaye

I offer my obeisances to Lord Narasiṁha who gives joy to Prahlāda Mahārāja and whose nails are like chisels on the stonelike chest of the demon Hiraṇyakaśipu.

ito nṛsiṁhaḥ parato nṛsiṁho
yato yato yāmi tato nṛsiṁhaḥ
bahir nṛsiṁho hṛdaye nṛsiṁho
nṛsiṁham ādiṁ śaraṇaṁ prapadye

Lord Nṛsiṁha is here and also there. Wherever I go Lord Nṛsiṁha is there. He is in the heart and is outside as well. I surrender to Lord Nṛsiṁha, the origin of all things and the supreme refuge.

Take full advantage of this auspicious appearance day for advancing nicely on the path of spiritual perfection.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Lord Nrsimhadeva
the Half-Man Half Lion Incarnation
of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
Lord Nrsimhadeva

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Questions: Do I Have to Chant Krishna's Name?

During chanting, if I use a name of God that is more familiar and comfortable to me, such as Jehovah or Yahweh, will I still attain God Consciousness? I know people are conditioned and I have been conditioned for a long, long time to know God's name as Jehovah. When I say the name Krishna, I feel that I'm addressing someone other than the person I know as God. If God has many names, wouldn't this be okay?

Julianne

Answer: Any Name of God Can Be Chanted with Love for the Supreme Result

You may address the Supreme Person by any of His authorized names as found in the scriptures. This is confirmed by Lord Caitanya who states:

O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Krishna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?