Sense Gratification is Passé

Those who are pursuing the pathway of sense gratification are behind the times. They don't realize that a new culture has manifested on this planet which makes their material sense gratification culture completely passé. Why be a part of a dying, outmoded culture entrenched in ignorance, when you can be a part of a vibrant, state-of-the-art culture which is completely revolutionizing the way we think, speak, and act and ushering in a new era of peace and prosperity for the entire human society? Many people object to this amazing Krishna consciousness culture, but once they realize the phenomenal benefits it is bestowing both on the individual and universal levels, thousands and millions of them will be embracing and adopting it with great enthusiasm and determination.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Request: Kindly Save Me From Danger

I'm not able to chant properly. To tell You openly I have lost interest in chanting. I do not know why this kind of sudden aversion towards the holy name has developed within me. For the past 3 months or so, I have not chanted properly. Although I try hard to chant nicely I have not succeeded. I feel like some force is dragging me away from chanting, but I'm not able to figure it out what it is. Even for days together I have not touched my beads. I can feel that something bad is happening inside me.

Nowadays I'm watching television programs a lot. Before I never used to watch TV, but now most of the time I'm sitting in front of the TV. It seems I have become an addict of it.

I do not know how to solve my problems, hence I humbly seek your protection. Kindly save me from danger, Maharaja.

Thank You,

Yours servants' servant,
K.G.
India

Answer: Here's Your Prescription

Even if you have no interest or taste for chanting, you should chant anyway because this is the only way that you can be saved at the time of death from being forced to take birth again in this material existence. The good news is that if you will chant regularly on a daily basis as a matter of duty, even if you have no taste, the natural, sweet and original taste of the holy name will in due course of time become fully manifested within your consciousness. You should always remember to put your faith in the process of chanting and keep chanting even when you don't feel like it. By this simple and sublime chanting process you will gradually conquer over your materialistic mind and become solidly fixed in ecstatic Krishna consciousness. Just as you make sure that your body is well fed every day, you should be at least equally if not more sure to feed your actual self, the spirit-soul within by regularly chanting the Hare Krishna mahamantra.

So the formula to totally free yourself from your difficulties is very simple. Get rid of your television, and don't even touch a morsel of food until you have finished chanting your quota of rounds on the japa mala beads. If you will rise early and chant your rounds before sunrise, you will find that it is easy, sweet, and enjoyable to fully absorb your consciousness in deep daily meditation on the holy names of God.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?