Praying the Impossible Prayer

Although I am 60 years old, there is an unstoppable spirit within me that I have had ever since I was a youth. Even though it could be said that my mood is completely foolish and utopian, still nevertheless it still remains as an irremovable deeply ingrained part of my psyche.

I want to be a part of bringing about a spiritual revolution that will completely save the suffering humanity from its innumerable woes. I want to see that the entire world is transformed into a paradise where everyone lives together in perfect peace and harmony by always keeping God in the center of their consciousness and as the basis of all their relationships.

In this mood my constant prayer to the Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krishna is that if He so desires He may bless me that I will not die until the entire world become completely transformed by a spiritual renaissance which unites all peoples into one peaceful, loving spiritual family. Whether Krishna answers my impossible prayer or not is up to Him. But my prayer remains constant.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Near Death Experiences

Scientists say that near-death experiences are the result of dying brain cells in a body. Christians believe that they are real experiences that occur because the soul leaves the body. What are your thoughts/beliefs on this subject, and does your literature make any mention of this subject?

Thank you in advance for your enlightenment,

an American

Answer: Because of the Soul's Departure

The Vedas give us precise scientific information regarding death and near-death. It is a fact that death and near-death experiences occur because the soul leaves the body. In death, the soul leaves the body for good, never to return. In near-death, the soul leaves temporarily and then returns. Since the soul is the powerhouse which energizes the body, when it leaves the body, the body loses its energy source. This causes the brain cells and the other cells to start dying. So dying brain cells are not the cause of death. They are a symptom of death.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?