Embracing Timelessness

Yesterday I turned sixty here in Sofia, Bulgaria. It's inconceivable to me that I could be a sixty years old man. I still feel like that 22 year old youth who joined the Hare Krishna Movement in 1971. Krishna consciousness is like that. When you embrace Krishna consciousness, you embrace timelessness.

I want to thank all of you around the world who sent in wonderful words of appreciation of my humble service of trying to educate and inspire you in the science of Krishna consciousness. I would like to reply to each of you personally, but if I am not able to do so, kindly accept these words as my sincere thanks to you.

And I especially want to thank those of you who made financial contributions to help cover my expenses of traveling and preaching Krishna consciousness all over the world. It is because of you that I am able to continue my ongoing lecture tours year after year. I am especially appreciative of your service.

As all of you are very dear to me, I sincerely hope that I will eventually be able meet and get to know each and every one of you personally.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
The words of appreciation can be read at:
http://www.backtohome.com/vyas-puja/2007.pdf

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Renounced Order and Accepting Disciples

Hare Krishna Guruji,

Please accept my most humble obeisances at your lotus feet.

I relish the nectar in your 'Thought of the Day' mails I get everyday. It just like getting spiritual batteries charged, in a day where frustrations are so common.

I have a query that's been lurking for a long time in mind. Is it necessary for a person to enter a renounced order of life to initiate and accept disciples?

Please enlighten me on this if you feel I have the capacity to understand it. I pray from the depth of my heart to Lord Sri Sri Radha Gopinathji that your world tour brings many souls to the wonderful service of Srimati Radharani and Lord Krishna.

Your student,

Darshu

Answer: Renunciates Can Also Accept Disciples

The only requirement for initiating disciples is to be ordered to do so by one's own spiritual master. There is no necessity to enter the renounced order of sannyasa in order to accept disciples. In fact, according to the Pancaratra injunction, the system is that only householder brahmanas can initiate disciples, and others cannot. However, after Lord Caitanya established the principle that anyone who knows the science of Krishna can initiate disciples, it also became allowed that those in the renounced order of life can initiate disciples.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?