God's Paradise on Earth

This morning I awoke on board an Air Pacific flight which was en route from from Melbourne, Australia to Fiji. My eyes opened around 3:30am, and I began my usual morning routine of chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra on my japa beads. My japa beads are very special because they were personally chanted on by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada when he accepted me as his disciple on 12 August 1971. 

A cooling, soothing almost full moon was setting in the west while simultaneously the effulgent sun was beginning to make his appearance in the east. The cabin was dark. All the non-devotee passengers were fast asleep. The holy names were very sweet.

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

We had been flying in the dark sky for over four hours over the Pacific Ocean and now, as the sun was beginning to illuminate the scene below, we made land, we crossed the shoreline of Fiji's main island, Viti Levu.

Beautiful Sunrise, Viti Levu, Fiji Islands

Upon landing and clearing customs we were greeted by Sriman Jairama Prabhu, the president of our Suva, Fiji temple, who then drove us 197 kilometers along the coast from the international airport in Nadi to Suva, the first stop on our Fiji islands lecture tour.

As I was breathing in the fresh unpolluted air, I was appreciating the natural beauty created by Krishna. On the left were forests, rivers, and mountains and on the right was the beautiful coastline.

Beautiful Mountains, Suva, Fiji

Beautiful Coastline, Suva, Fiji

Krishna has given us such a nice world to live in. He has given land with all varieties of fruits and vegetables. He has given us the bulls for tilling the soil and cows for the miracle food, milk. Why have we been so foolish to spoil it by our lust and greed? I pray that someday the entire world population will wake up and realize that we simply must put God back in the center where He belongs. If and when that day comes, the entire planet will be like a paradise and everyone will live in peace and harmony. Until that day comes we must keep on working for it and praying for it.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: What is the Aim of Our Life?...

From a long time I am stuck up with a question in my mind. Please help me finding out the answer. I want to ask, "What is the aim of our life? How should we live our life?"

I shall be highly thankful to you if you can resolve my query.

Yours sincerely,

Ram Khandelwal

New Delhi

Answer: To Realize God...

The aim of life is to realize God. To accomplish this you must live your life according to the guidelines of Guru, Sadhus (the saintly persons), and sastra (the scriptures).

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?